What will they think of me?


What will they think of me? Those 6 words are by far the greatest challenge people face when going after a dream.
  • What will my friends think...will they disapprove?
  • What will my parents think...will they be upset if I decide to move away?
  • What will my siblings think….will they judge me?
  • What will the people on social media think...will I get made fun of?
The need to belong--to not get kicked out of the tribe--is almost always at the root of why we forfeit our dreams. The need to gain approval and avoid criticism. 

The truth is, the pursuit and achievement of dreams is more about self-esteem than anything else. It is about having the courage to be disliked, and recognizing that the people who are really on your team only want what’s best for you--unconditionally. If the consequence of your growth and the achievement of a dream results in the loss of someone’s approval then they were really always acting with their best interest in mind rather than yours. So go for it! 
Will We Worship the God of Opinion, or The God of Our Heart?
--Bob Proctor



 

Comments