The Game of Life and How to Play It was published in 1925. It teaches the philosophies of its author, Florence Scovel Shinn. Shinn was as an American artist and book illustrator who became a spiritual in her middle years. Here are some terrific takeaways for leaders:
- You can control any situation if you first control yourself.
- One who obsesses too much about his own affairs often becomes doubtful and fearful.
- Every act committed while angry or resentful brings unhappy reaction.
- It is dangerous to stop in the middle of a hunch.
- If you do not run your subconscious mind yourself, someone else will run it for you.
- The man who sends out only good-will to his fellow-man, and who is without fear, cannot be touched or influenced by the negative thoughts of others.
- Make the statement, "Every person is a golden link in the chain of my good. "
- Divine ideas never conflict.