Joseph Murphy wrote, taught, counseled and lectured to thousands all over the world for nearly fifty years. Born in 1898, he was educated in Ireland and England. In his book The Power Of Your Subconscious Mind, Dr Joseph Murphy asserts that life events are actually the result of the workings of your conscious and subconscious minds. Here are some takeaways from his book...
- You grow old when you lose interest in life, when you cease to dream, to hunger after new truths, and to search for new worlds to conquer. When your mind is open to new ideas, new interests, and when you raise the curtain and let in the sunshine and inspiration of new truths of life and the universe, you will be young and vital.
- All of us have our own inner fears, beliefs, opinions. These inner assumptions rule and govern our lives.
- A suggestion has no power in and of itself. its power arises from the fact that you accept it mentally.
- As you sow in your subconscious mind, so shall you reap in your body and environment.
- Awakened to the simple truth that it is never what a person says or does that affects you, it is your reaction to what is said or done that matters.
- Trying to accumulate wealth by the sweat of your brow and hard labor is one way to become the richest man in the graveyard. You do not have to strive or slave hard.
- You must make certain to give your subconscious only suggestions, which heal, bless, elevate, and inspire you in all your ways. Remember that your subconscious mind cannot take a joke. It takes you at your word.
- Never finish a negative statement; reverse it immediately, and wonders will happen in your life.