- Effective leaders inspire people to work together in the service of something greater than themselves.
- Effective leaders can find the bright side of any issue. They know that doom and gloom accomplishes nothing, so they remain beacons of positivity in the face of challenges and failures.
- Effective leaders are grateful to their team.Nothing drains commitment from a team like feeling their efforts go unnoticed. Even small gestures of gratitude show people that they matter.
- Effective leaders have a clear vision for the future. The greatest leaders of our time could articulate a vision so clear it seemed as though it had already come to pass. Martin Luther King Jr.’s “I Have A Dream” speech is a perfect example of this.
- Effective leaders listen. Hearing is not the same as listening. Inspirational leaders truly listen to what is said to them and respond appropriately, instead of letting it go in one ear and out the other.
- Effective leaders communicate impeccably. If what a leader is communicating can’t be understood, forward movement is immediately stalled. Some leaders think that snappy memos or quick meetings will accomplish more. Truly inspiring leaders know that taking the right amount of time with each communication ensures that everyone is on board and moving forward.
- Effective leaders are trustworthy. Leaders inspire others to look up to them by telling the truth, being in integrity with what they promise and living honestly and earnestly.
- Effective leaders are passionate. Enthusiasm for the mission of your organization is critical in being an inspirational leader. Your passion will remind your team often about the “why” of their work.
Tuesday, January 24, 2017
Things Effective Leaders Do
at 11:03 AM