Here are a few random thoughts from Doc Rivers
- Coaching isn’t about X’s and O’s, it’s about managing diversity and adversity.
- The better the players are, the more coachable they become.
- You’re only as good as your best players.
- Your best player has to be your best listener. He has to lead by listening.
- Everyone wants to be coached, you just have to find the right way to reach them.
- You must be honest with your players all the time.
- You can reach any player if they believe your only intent is winning.
- If you have a chemistry guy on your team, do not let that guy out of the building.
- Work on team building and chemistry everyday.
- Watch the locker room closely.
- Move seats around and put guys together/keep them apart.
- If a player has an important event, every player and coach must go.
- Sometimes you have to force guys to hang out with their teammates.
Print & Download $31.99