The Greatest Quotes From The Greatest Talker--Muhammad Ali



Muhammad Ali was not only a boxing champion, he was a championship talker. He knew that if you changed the way you look at things the things you look at would change. He knew of the power of belief and that you have to believe it before you see it to see as opposed to seeing it before you believe it. Here are some of the Greatest's quotes:

On Being Humble:
“At home I am a nice guy: but I don’t want the world to know. Humble people, I’ve found, don’t get very far.”

On His Achievements:
“I’ve wrestled with alligators; I’ve tussled with a whale; I done handcuffed lightning; and throw thunder in jail.”

On Victory:
“The will must be stronger than the skill.”

On Greatness:
“If they can make penicillin out of moldy bread, they can sure make something out of you.”

On Aging:
“A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”

On Fortitude: 
“It isn’t the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it’s the pebble in your shoe.”

On Preparation:
“If my mind can conceive it, and my heart can believe it—then I can achieve it.”

On If He Played Golf:
"I'm the best. I just haven't played yet."

On Race:
“The Nation Of Islam taught that white people are devils. I don’t believe that now; in fact, I never really believed that.”

On Payback:
“You kill my dog, you better hide your cat."

On Dreams:
"If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.”

--Adapted from entrepreneur.com


 

Comments