- Win on the road
- Not since 1980 has a collegiate team won a championship with a less than .500 winning percentage on the road. Tough teams win in tough places.
- Set the tone.
- Tough teams determine how games are played. Tough teams execute and control the tempo.
- Always show toughness
- When tough teams are down, they do not show frustration.
- If tough teams are hurt, they do not show pain.
- The opponent cannot read a tough team.
- Are Consistent
- Tough teams always show up to play every time they step on the floor.
- Practice is tougher than games so games become easy.
- Respect every opponent
- Tough teams understand that every game is important.
- Tough teams understand that every opponent can beat them no matter what their record or reputation.
- Are identified with toughness
- Tough teams play great defense and take pride in it.
- Tough teams are on the floor first for loose balls.
- Tough teams do not turn the ball over.
- Tough teams believe in the little things.....
Thought For The Week:
Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving
The Coaching & Leadership Journal
Written specifically for busy leaders, the Coaching and Leadership Journal gives you the latest strategies in a concise, quick-read format.