Excuses are the the number one cause to the death of dreams. People will definitely give an excuse to themselves or someone else at some point in their life. And for many people, it may be that these excuses occur daily. Below are five excuses that kill motivation and put your motivation on hold.
- I’m Too Tired. Number 1 on the list the excuse of ‘I’m too tired’.It’s not really the fact that they’re too tired to do something on that day; it’s the fact that they’re simply putting off starting whatever it is they want to do, because they know they will fail. Sometimes they’ll have started, but slowly get bored or just want to give up all together; and that’s when the excuse of being too tired begins to pop into their head.
- I Don’t Have Time. It’s true that you can’t do everything in one day, but you can always make time for the things that are important to you. So many of us will waste time, either looking at internet or sitting around watching T.V, and yet still tell ourselves that we don’t have the time in the day to work on our dreams or our passions.
- I Can’t Do it. The fear of not being able to do something stops many people before they’ve even started, which is the worst possible thing that could happen. We all have doubts that we might be unable to do something, but the thing is, you will never know until you have actually pushed yourself to the limits. Don’t let fear cripple you. You only live once, so believe in yourself and go after what you want.
- I Can’t Afford it. This is a very interesting excuse, as somethings that you want to do and have in your life, you won’t be able to afford right now. That’s the point. The point of having a dream is to strive for something you wish to have in the future. You won’t be able to afford it right now, but you don’t need to be able to in order to get started. You can always begin somewhere.
- People Will Think I’m Weird. Learn not to care too much about what others think and just do what makes you happy, and be proud of it. Don’t live your life in fear of what people may think of you. Just do what you love and share it with the world.
Grow a Pair: How to Stop Being a Victim and Take Back Your Life, Your Business, and Your Sanity