- Humility: Don't be conceited. Remain grounded and humble in recognizing strengths while also having the self-awareness to improve upon weaknesses.
- Passion: Be energetic and fully embrace the hard work that's needed in achieving whatever goal that has been set.
- Unity: Basketball is a team sport. So is life. A group that works together can accomplish greatness.
- Servanthood: Team success always comes first. Know your role. Act upon that role. Work with those around you. Listen to suggestions and ideas.
- Thankfulness: Be appreciative when success has been achieved. But also embrace the lessons that can be taken from adversity.
Coach Yourself: A Motivational Guide For Coaches And Leaders
About This Book
Coach Yourself is a unique book, compiled exclusively for coaches to provide you with physical, mental and spiritual motivation throughout the season. In his follow-up to A Season In Words, veteran coach Dan Spainhour arms you with quotes and motivational ideas to help you achieve peace of mind throughout the season from how to stay motivated to handling critics.