- Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you.
- Why fit in when you were born to stand out?
- You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And you are the guy who’ll decide where to go.
- Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.
- A person’s a person, no matter how small.
- The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.
- Everything stinks till it’s finished.
- Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.
- I’ve heard there are troubles of more than one kind; some come from ahead, and some come from behind. But I’ve brought a big bat. I’m all ready, you see; now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!
- Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it’s a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope.
- Think left and think right and think low and think high.
- And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed.
- Step with care and great tact, and remember that life’s a great balancing act.
- From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere.__________________________________________________
Coach Yourself: A Motivational Guide For Coaches And Leaders
About This Book
Coach Yourself is a unique book, compiled exclusively for coaches to provide you with physical, mental and spiritual motivation throughout the season. In his follow-up to A Season In Words, veteran coach Dan Spainhour arms you with quotes and motivational ideas to help you achieve peace of mind throughout the season from how to stay motivated to handling critics.